Bischof + Klein’s mobile maintenance
Bischof + Klein opted for MSB FIVE – an addon from mobisys GmbH that is directly integrated into SAP. The individual requirements were clarified in a workshop. All classic maintenance processes were to be mobilized. The ready-to-use templates of MSB FIVE offer a range of ready-made maintenance processes that accelerated the project start.
Bischof + Klein is one of Europe’s leading full-range suppliers of flexible packaging and technical films made of plastic and plastic composites. The product range includes traditional industrial packaging as well as highly refined consumer packaging and innovative special films for technical applications. Around the world, major industrial companies and well-known brand manufacturers from all sectors rely on sustainable packaging solutions and technical films from Bischof + Klein.
Company facts Bischof + Klein:
- B+K Group since 1892
- 5 locations worldwide
- > € 500 million turnover
- 2.600 employees
MSB in use
All information at your fingertips
Bischof + Klein, a full-range supplier of flexible packaging and technical films made of plastic and plastic composites, replaced its Excel-based processes, which had previously been managed manually, with SAP PM back in 2007. The company was now faced with the challenge of mapping the PM processes on a mobile basis. Maintenance, repair and conversion of production facilities should be made even more flexible and efficient. It was important for B+K that all processes relevant for the maintenance staff are available on a mobile basis. Simple handling and usability as well as short online access and response times should also create a high level of user acceptance.
The requirements for the mobile solution were:
- Saves time and itinerary
- Cost reduction of maintenance measures
- Reduction of paperwork and documentation
- Direct connection to SAP
This was implemented:
Bischof + Klein opted for MSB FIVE – an add-on from mobisys GmbH that is directly integrated into SAP. Individual requirements were clarified in a workshop. All classic maintenance processes should be mobilized. MSB FIVE’s Ready-to-use templates provide a set of pre-built maintenance processes that accelerated project start-up. Only minor, individual adjustments were necessary – which could be programmed quite easily in ABAP. The SAP add-on thus contributes significantly to efficient and predictive maintenance.
- Seamless maintenance: All relevant data relating to maintenance, servicing and repairs can be recorded on the move.
- Mobile creation and modification of notifications and PM orders
- Process orders (repair, malfunction, inspection rounds) and create confirmations
- Post material withdrawals, view material information and order status
Benefits für Bischof + Klein
- Can be used throughout the company: MSB FIVE is independent of hardware and operating system and can therefore be used sustainably
- A mobile platform for all SAP modules: already in use for maintenance and logistics; use in other SAP modules is planned
- Simple programming in ABAP: Individual extensions or changes can be implemented quickly and cost-effectively for the customer.
- High user acceptance and short training period: Easy and simple to operate
- High performance: short online access and response times
”We are very satisfied with the mobisys mobile solution. We are currently planning the rollout of the MSB FIVE App for additional plants as well as the expansion of the functions to include a planner application and capacity planning. In the future, the mobile app will also be used in logistics.Andreas MenseOperations Department Manager Electrical Maintenance / SAP-PM Coordinator at Bischof + Klein